These are people who have reported they tested positive to COVID. We recommend that everyone who was at Arisia test for COVID19 when you get home. Especially if you might have symptoms or you might have been exposed to someone who has COVID.
If you test positive, please report it to email@example.com. Let us know where you spent time at Arisia, if you ate anywhere unmasked, when you last tested negative and when you tested positive, and whether or not we may publish your name. Reports will be considered anonymous unless explicit permission to name is given.
Monday, January 16, 2023
1) Kristin Page, a volunteer at the Info Desk. Tested positive Monday morning.
Tuesday, January 17, 2023
2) Victoria Chapman, an artist in the Art Show, said "I was at Arisia this weekend through Sunday after having covid (I was past 10 days and testing negative). No symptoms. Today (Tuesday) I woke up feeling like I have a cold and tested again to be sure because I had taken Paxlovid. I tested positive again, so I appear to be having a rebound." Victoria previously tested negative on Friday (1/13).
Wednesday, January 18, 2023
3) Jan Dumas tested positive on Tuesday Morning. She volunteered all weekend in Fast Track and was unmasked on Monday near the Starbucks.
Thursday, January 19, 2023
4) Benjamin Levy, the Exhibits Div Head, reports
"I tested negative before, during the convention, and yesterday (Wednesday), but starting feeling miserable late last night. I took a home COVID test today (Thursday) and it was positive, ending my nearly 3 year long streak of being COVID negative.
I ate unmasked at MJs in the Westin Thursday and Friday nights. Friday and Sunday, I ate lunch in the Con Suite. Sunday night, I ate at Birch Bar. Monday I had lunch at Sauciety. I think for the rest of my meals I ate in my hotel room.
I spent a lot of time at the Dealers Room office. Sat in the back of the Masquerade (not many people near me). Went to Div Head meetings. Went to the second half of "Is ____ a Sandwich?" panel.
Friday, January 20, 2023
5) Jack Page, an Info Desk volunteer, tested positive for COVID on Friday January 20, after developing symptoms the day before . He was unmasked in the Con Suite to eat Friday January 13th through Monday January 16th.
6) A child, who is too young to mask, tested positive for COVID Thursday January 19. This child was in Fast Track, attended Shabbat services and attended the Disney Sing Along.
Saturday, January 21, 2023
7) Ann Thomas tested positive on Saturday 1/21. She lives with Benjamin Levy who has also tested positive earlier this week. She worked programming Friday 5:30-7, Saturday 9-11 and Sunday 3:30-5. She visited the Art Show and Dealers Room. She was masked for all of this. She was unmasked at M.J. O'Connor's Thursday and Friday dinner, Birch Bar Sunday dinner and Con Suite briefly on Sunday afternoon.
8) James Emery tested positive the morning of Thursday January 19. Thursday, January 12 and Friday January 13 he ate lunch at MJ O'Connor's pub. Friday through Monday he had breakfast at Sauciety and Sunday and Monday he had lunch at Sauciety.
James was always masked as he attended Andrea Hairston's reading on Saturday and the All Words Are Made Up panel. James went to Dealers room a couple times and the art show, also masked.
9) Andrea Hairston tested positive for COVID on Saturday January 21 at 4:30 pm. Friday through Monday mornings she was in the gym from 8:30-10a. She ate in MJ O'Connors for lunch on the 12th and 13th, and again the evening of the 13th for the GOH dinner. On Sunday and Monday she had lunch at Sauciety. In addition to her own panels and events, she was at the Mushy Middles writing panel and Claire Light's reading. She also spent time in the dealers room and art show. Except for while eating, she was masked.
10) The older sibling of the child in case number 6 (also a minor) has tested positive today. This child was at Fast Track, Shabbat services and the Disney Sing Along and was masked at all times.
Tuesday, January 24, 2023
11) Kelly Fabijanic tested positive for COVID on January 24th after last testing negative on January 18th. She was unmasked in the Con Suite on Sunday, in Sauciety for breakfast on Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, in M.J. O’Conner’s for dinner on Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday, and in the Birch Bar each evening. Kelly was part of the Treasury team and the at-con Reg Staff.